Announcing Meeting Number 2 of the Tampa Bay NETMF Hacking Group.
To register for the event, please go to http://tbnetmf1211.eventbrite.com
Our second meeting will also be held at the Microsoft Office in Tampa on November 21st at 6:30 PM. This meeting will be in two parts, the first part going from 6:30-8:00 and will be lecture/hands on. The second part will be Show-and-Tell as well as freestyle hacking on your hardware. If you did something cool between the meetings, come prepared to share!
After a brief recap/intro for any new members, this meeting we will explore basic communications and digital signals with your Netduino .NET Microframeworks device. Although we will be using a NETMF device the same basic principles will apply to other microcontrollers
- Serial Data Communications to a Host Computer
- Serial Data Communications between two NETMF devices
- Controlling a Servo
Here’s a relatively cheap shopping list of parts to help support your geek habit that will be useful for this meeting:
- Netduino – ~$35.00
- USB to Serial Adapter – ~$15
- Breadboard Jumper Wires – ~$5
- Servo – ~$15
- Breadboard – ~$5 (optional)
- +9V Power Supply ~$7 and +5V adapter ~$10 (optional but will allow your Netduino to run stand-alone)
- Misc. Electronic Components (optional, includes jumper wire and breadboard) ~$13
- Misc. Electronic Components – Mega-Pack! (optional, includes jumper wire, breadboard and a ton of other stuff) ~$23
- Saleae Logic USB Logic Analyzer (very optional, but very cool) – ~$150
Next month, we will be exploring options for getting these small devices on the internet. Then in January, we will be looking at the Arduino. Anyone with experience with this want to present?
Hope to see you there!
Post a Comment